Return to Articles PageReturn to Home Page
Health & Safety

1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5

Read and Learn!

Subject: Saftey Message ~ Think Before You Drink

Tuesday 04/26/05

This incident happened recently in North Texas. A woman went boating one Sunday, taking with her some soft drinks in cans. She put the cans in a refrigerator onboard the boat. On Monday, she was taken to an Intensive Care Unit and on Wednesday, she died.

The autopsy revealed a certain Leptospirose caused by the beverage can from which she had drunk, not using a glass. A test showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence, she contracted the disease Leptospirosis. Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances.

It is highly recommended to wash thoroughly the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them as they have been stocked in warehouses and transported straight to stores without being cleaned. A study at NYCU showed that the tops of cans are more contaminated than public toilets (full of germs and bacteria.)

So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident. Please share this saftey message with all the people you care about. ( I JUST DID ! )

Home  |  Resource Center  |  Refresh Page

Share With A Friend