Drexel, North Carolina is located in the Western section of the North Carolina Foothills, accessible by Interstate 40 and U.S 70.
From Interstate 40:
Exit 107 & turn right at the stop sign onto NC 114.
After 2.5 miles, you will see the church on the left, across from Hallyburton Elementary School.
The physical address for the church is:
200 South Main Street - Drexel, NC - 28619.
History of Drexel...
In 1898, Samuel Huffman and D.B. Mull purchased 436 acres between Little Mountain and Wards Creek. Later, this settlement became known as Drexel after Anthony Joseph Drexel, a Philadelphia financier and philanthropist who served on the Board of the Norfolk Southern Railway, which ran through the heart of town.
On February 5, 1913, the North Carolina General Assembly granted a charter to incorporate the Town of Drexel. In the early 1900's, the Drexel Knitting Mills Company and Drexel Furniture Factory were established. The textile and furniture industries were at the heart of Drexel's existence for the rest of the 20th century.
Today, Drexel has around 900 homes and a population of about 2000 people.